Tuesday 18 June 2013

NIVEA In-Shower Body Moisturiser

I'm a big fan of Nivea products and when they released their new In-Shower Body Moisturiser, I couldn't wait to try it.
"The first Skin Conditioner from Nivea... A convenient new way to moisturise"
Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser - Normal Skin - 250 ml -  £3.55 £2.36
The packaging fits in well with the general look of shower gels and shower moisturisers. The In-Shower Body Moisturiser comes in two versions, the White with Blue text product - as shown - for Normal Skin, and the Blue with White text product for Dry Skin which is rich in moisture. Both are available in 250ml and 400ml bottles so you can purchase one most suited to the amount you need.
Nivea state that the In-Shower Body Moisturiser is "quickly absorbed by wet skin... leaves your skin with a silky soft skin feeling". You should use your normal shower product as normal and rinse off. Then, apply the In-Shower Body Moisturiser whilst still in the shower and rinse off. Finally, dry yourself, get dressed and go!
 
Enriched with Sea Minerals, it smells like the sea and very refreshing. The lotion is white and looks just like a moisturiser, although when you apply it onto your wet skin, it feels like it's falling off and it doesn't feel like it's going far enough. Therefore I tend to use more than what I need and the bottle gets used up so quickly.
After rinsing, drying and getting dressed, it's supposed to leave a silky, soft skin feeling,  but I didn't find much difference and neither did my boyfriend. I felt a little let down as I had high hopes for this product. Don't get me wrong it looks and smells great, but didn't WOW me with a difference on my skin. I will carry on using my regular, basic shower gel and moisturise after a shower instead. 
RATING
Price; 3 STARS I purchased the product when it was on promotion at £2.36 from £3.55. Even then promotional price was more than what I would pay for a basic shower gel, but I thought I would give it a go.

Promises; 3 STARS I didn't see any difference or improvement in the feeling of my skin. It moisturised, but it didn't wow me with the results - I felt a bit disappointed.

Ease of Use; 2 STARS The lotion is really hard to apply onto wet skin. It may absorb easy, but it's hard to apply and therefore I don't feel it's working. This tends to lead me to use more than I need compared to basic regular lotions, gels and moisturisers.

Would I Recommend to a Friend?; NO I wanted to like this product, but to me it wasn't worth the money. It was very hard to use and I didn't see any of the promises of silky soft skin. I will most probably stick to my regular shower gel and moisturisers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...