Thursday 16 May 2013

Dairy Milk Presents.. MARVELLOUS CREATIONS

Dairy Milk have recently released a couple of NEW chocolate bars called Marvellous Creations.
Dairy Milk Presents..
Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy Shells - 200g
"A chocolate bar filled with jellies, popping candy and candy shells isn't exactly ordinary. Luckily we're far from ordinary here at Joyville."
Marvellous Creations Cookie Nut Crunch - 200g
"Combing cookie, crunchy caramel and caramelised nuts with delicious Cadbury Dairy Milk sent our joy-o-meter spiralling to new levels of marvellous."

Marvellous Creations 200g
 The first time I tried Marvellous Creations was the Jelly Popping Candy Shells in the smaller bar. I was a bit sceptical about trying these because the description and ingredients are so unusual! Dairy Milk's trademark purple colour is obviously used as the main colour theme of the packaging so that you can easily pick it out amongst other chocolate bars on the shelf. The two different flavours can easily be distinguished by the pink and green colour themes - pink symbolising the Jelly Popping Candy Shells and green symbolising Cookie Nut Crunch. Each bar shows a graphic of what the chocolate bar looks like showing a sample of the main flavour and ingredients.
To be honest, the use of bright colour schemes, intricate fonts and eccentric and fun TV adverts for the chocolate bars give the impression of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Wonka Bars, which I think was the intention!
 
Jelly Popping Candy Shells
Main ingredients: Milk Chocolate Fruit Flavour Jellies (6%), Sugar Coated Cocoa Candies (6%), Popping Candy (4%)
 The candy shells are very similar to mini M&M's and little Smarties - they're small and crunchy! You can instantly taste the popping candy in your mouth which is a weird sensation- it's not too overpowering but you know it's there! I couldn't really taste the jelly in the first few pieces of the bar, but when I did further in, it was really chewy. I personally didn't like the jelly pieces but then again the bar wasn't over filled with it.
 
Cookie Nut Crunch
Main ingredients: Milk Chocolate with Pieces of Biscuit (8%), Crunchy Almond Caramel (5%), Chopped Roasted Caramelised Hazelnuts (3%)
 The Roasted Caramelised Hazelnuts and Crunchy Almond Caramel remind me of Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut. The pieces aren't too big which makes it easier to eat - great for my sensitive teeth. The pieces of cookie/biscuit are reasonably big. When the bar is broken up into pieces, you can see the pieces of biscuit poking through! You can definitely taste them, breaking the thick chocolate taste up. I can only describe it as hardened chocolate Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough or a Praline chocolate bar! This one is my favourite!
  
RATING:
Price;
3 STARS The price of these bars is more expensive compared to the standard Dairy Milk. I personally, think that £2.49 is rather expensive for one, although the only reason I have and would purchase these Marvellous Creations chocolate bars is on promotion.

Promises; 5 STARS You can really taste the ingredients! You can feel and hear the popping candy and taste the cookie/biscuit and jelly - nothing I have tasted before!

Ease of Eating; 4 STARS. I have quite sensitive teeth and find it hard to eat hard food, but I found the chocolate quite easy to eat. Eating a large bar is quite hard and you can't really be on the go with it, so I would prefer a smaller bar to take with me to Uni and work.

Would I recommend to a friend?; YES. The chocolate is so unique and different. I have never tasted anything like it before and it's just like Willy Wonka. I'd recommend buying whilst the chocolate is on promotion, but you can always try the smaller bars!

2 comments:

  1. These sound so yummy I want to try these! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really different, I've never tried anything like it! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...