Monday 18 March 2013

Garnier Moisture Match - Shine Be Gone -

Afternoon! Hope the recent changes in weather have been kind to your skin! It certainly hasn't with mine. Plus, I am really ill with my endometriosis and a horrid cold!! so, here we go beauts..
I purchased this in Superdrug when it was on promotion from £5.99 to £3.99
After seeing the attractive advert on tv for the new Garnier Moisture Match moisturisers, I was dying to try them! - especially the 'Shine be Gone' one, as I have combination skin and one minute it will look too matte, and then throughout the day it'll look like I'm oily?

At first glance, the packaging is really neat; quite hard box with the major info on the front, so it's not too over powering. The different colours for each different moisturiser makes it easy to identify which one you need and also looks pretty :)
The 'Shine be Gone' moisturiser is a "Mattifying fresh cream, with 24hour hydration, oil free, suitable for sensitive skin and also suitable for combination to oily skin." - Perfect.
The smell of the cream is really fresh! Which is great as it's turning to Spring and it does absorb really quickly, and makes my skin feel like velvet. After I had applied my makeup on top I did notice a slight change, although throughout the day my skin was just as shiny as before, so I'm having to add pressed powder every now and then :/
The bottle is only 50ml as well, which is gone within just over a week, which is a bit of a bummer.
Garnier Shine Be Gone Sample

However, I've now been using this for just over a week now and it has made a change! My skin is more matte, which I have to be careful of incase it gets too matte, but it has changed my skin!

I do think I chose the right one though considering all the options. LOVE the advertisement, LOVE the packaging, LOVE the fact there are different variations but it took a while to WOW me! I'm in two minds right now whether to carry on using it to see the full effects after using the bottle up, or to stay with my Nivea moisturiser and just add a bit of powder every now and then?

RATING
Price; 3 STARS £5.99 is more expensive than  my regular moisturiser, although you can use your student cards to get 10% off in certain drug stores.. and I always take advantage of offers when they're on cosmetic products!

Promises; 5 STARS It definitely mattified my skin and gave it a velvet touch- even though it took a while to work, everything does I guess!

Ease of Application4 STARS Really easy to apply, although my skin soaks it up really quickly! So you feel like you're using a lot up which isn't good if you're trying to be savvy with your products and your money.

Would I recommend to a friend?; YES. A good moisturiser that helps the skin texture and problems, although I have only tried this one so I don't know about other variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...