Thursday 29 May 2014

DIRTY Works: Get Ready for Summer

 I am a bad beauty blogger regarding the use of body butters, scrubs and general skin health but when I saw these two products from the DIRTY Works range on promotion, I couldn't resist and I had a change of heart! I've been using the Ditch the Dimples Sculpting Cellulite Gel and the Glow Girl! Buttery Salt Scrub for a couple of months now to get the best results & I thought I'd share my thought on them and my quest to get Summer Ready!

If you know me, you might be thinking "Why do you need cellulite gel?" - well, everyone gets cellulite, whatever size or shape you are, and I am no exception!
Ditch the Dimples Sculpting Cellulite Gel  200ml £7 & Glow Girl! Buttery Salt Scrub 300ml £4.00
 
The Sculpting Cellulite Gel is a tube. The tube is really eyecatching; the metallic silver and pink, yellow and blue tones of the logo etc. - it certainly catches your attention on the shelves! The tube is also easy to hold and squeeze making it easy to hold with hands full of gel/product.

The gel has a clinical smell to it to be honest - I'm not a huge fan. It's clear in colour, feels thick but not gloopy and spreads quite well when applied. However, after application it did feel a little bit sticky, however only for about 10 seconds until it dried. I was then able to get dressed no problem!

Although at first it did smell a bit clinical, after application it smelt of the menthol. I'm not a huge fan of this, but if you wear perfume or fragranced moisturisers you won't smell it. It didn't bother me anyway and I didn't feel it throughout the day!

Results on the on the other hand, I didn't see a drastic improvement of my cellulite. I'm not going to say it didn't work but after using it twice a day I can't say it really helped my cellulite drastically.



The Buttery Salt Scrub on the other hand is packaged in a tub. The tub is blue in colour with the identical logo. If you've ever felt what buttercream feels like, this is what the Buttery Salt Scrub feels like! It's a lovely consistency, I love the feeling of the salt and pumice - not too rough but you know it's enough to scrub all the nasties! It smells like the sea - a beautiful smell that I would love to smell in the morning or after a long day at work!

You use the scrub identical to similar products on the high street - massaging into clean, damp skin in circular motions, rinsing off and patting the skin dry. After using this product for a few months and preparing to get Beach Body Summer Ready, my skin feels soo much better in every way! It hardly takes any time to use, it feels smoother, making me feel healthier and it smells great - all perfect to get me and my skin ready for my holiday adventure!

RATING:
Price; 
Sculpting Cellulite Gel - 3 STARS £7 - I find that this is quite expensive for my budget and would probably look for a cheaper but similar product.
Buttery Salt Scrub - 5 STARS £4 - This is very reasonable and I would definitely re-purchase this again.

Promises;
Sculpting Cellulite Gel - 2 STARS - Due to the results, I wouldn't re-purchase this. I'm not saying ti didn't work but I didn't see the results I was expecting.
Buttery Salt Scrub - 5 STARS - I loved the results. My skin was smoother, cleaner and smelt like the sea - perfect to get my skin ready for the beach!

Ease of Application;
Sculpting Cellulite Gel - 3 STARS - Easy to apply- at first felt sticky but was better after application.
Buttery Salt Scrub - 5 STARS - This was really easy to apply. The scrub was thick and hardly added any extra time in the shower.

Would I Recommend to a Friend?;
Sculpting Cellulite Gel - MAYBE - I'm not saying it didn't work, but I didn't see the results I was looking for.
Buttery Salt Scrub - YES - This product will not let you down! I am definitely using this even after my holiday - great value for money and lives up to expectations!


1 comment:

  1. These look great and would be perfect for the summer time! I have tried a few products from Dirty Works before and i think they are a fab dupe brand for Soap and Glory! £4 for the Buttery Salt Scrub is incredible and i love how it smells of the sea…the perfect scent to whisk you off into a vacation day dream!

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...