Saturday 14 February 2015

My Dream Red Carpet Look | Award Show Season 2015 |

It's February and the award show season is well under way! Last week was the Grammy and Bafta awards and although the award recipients were exciting, I was more excited about who was wearing who!

I recently collaborated with Weddington Way - an online boutique specializing in bridesmaid dresses. The inspiration was to create my dream red carpet look and show how I would make my style statement. I never really get dressed up and go out so I was quite excited to put together what I would love to wear IF I was an A-list celeb! 

The look I have put together was inspired by Taylor Swift's 2015 Grammy's look, a custom Elie Saab halter dress in shades of teal and turquoise, I LOVED it! I've chosen a teal coloured dress and chosen to match the accessories together in a silver glitter colour palette. 
| 1. After Six 6676 Lux Chiffon Dress in Oasis -$250 | 2. Pandora  Heart Stud Earings - £45 | 3. Pandora Symbol of Love Bracelet - £45 | 4. Silver Glitter 'Audrine' Pointed Toe Court Shoe by Dune - £45 | 5. Jimmy Choo Sweetie Champagne Glitter Acrylic Clutch - £450 |
I'm not a fan of strapless dresses and being quite petite in size, I can't wear anything too big that drowns my figure. That's why I have chosen Weddington Way's AfterSize 6676 Lux Chiffon dress in the colour Oasis. The chiffon panel at the top still shows skin without being strapless or on one shoulder. The bow pulls you in at the waist and the draping fabric from the bust and through the center of the skirt of the dress gives height to the wearer. CLICK HERE for the full collection of chiffon dresses by Weddington Way!

I chose the colour 'Oasis' because it's similar to the colour of Taylor Swift's dress at the 2015 Grammy's. It's such a pigmented colour - perfect for upcoming Spring.

The dress has a high neckline and therefore I don't need a necklace, therefore I've kept the earrings and bracelet quite simple and matching in style. The heart symbols keep the theme in line and adds subtle sparkle with the cubic zirconia.

As the dress is full length, the shoes won't be the main piece, therefore I've chosen a simple style but added extreme sparkle with silver glitter - they'd be perfect for any outfit.


Matching with the shoes, I chose a silver glitter clutch bag by Jimmy Choo. As the shoes are hidden, I thought I'd make a statement with the bag! 

Taylor Swift hair and makeup - Grammy Awards 2014

Again, I have taken inspiration from Taylor Swift and therefore my desired hair and makeup inspiration has been taken from her 2014 Grammy Award look. My hair is roughly the same length as Taylor's in the above photo and I think this updo hairstyle is classic and simple, yet beautiful. I would keep the majority of my makeup look quite natural, with a natural pink cheek tint and similar colour lip, but bringing in the attention with a smokey eye.

I think my dream red carpet look is great for the award season as it's a classic dress, jazzed up with matching glitter accessories.

What do you think of my dream red carpet look? Who was your best dressed throughout the awards season, OR who was the worst?!

post signature
LINKEDIN TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN'

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the look you have put together and how you have styled it from Taylor Swift. The contrast of the sparkly silver accessories from the teal / turquoise dress is just stunning!

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...