Saturday 27 July 2013

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion

If you're one of my regular readers, I recently blogged about one of my favourite gradual tan lotions which you can find HERE but when I was rummaging through the bathroom cabinet I came across Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion. I've never tried it before so I thought I'd give it a try and see what happens!
"Builds & Maintains a Natural Looking Tan... For All Skin Tones"
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Gradual Tanning Moisturiser - £5.35- 250ml 
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Gradual Tanning Moisturiser - Back of Product
Close up of Product
The pump mechanism makes the product really easy to use and you can also untwist it to make sure you get all the last little bits out as well! Even holding the product whilst using it is quite easy at the bottle fits quite nicely in my hands and they're quite small.

The lotion is very similar is colour and texture to that of Dove's Summer Glow Gradual Tan Moisturiser - a golden yellow colour which looks and feels like a moisturiser. It rubs in very well too. I use a cheap and cheerful self tanning Mitt which keeps my hands orange free and that works well either using the product straight onto the Mitt or onto my skin. Some gradual tanning products I have used become quite sticky after application but this one was totally different! I waited 5 minutes after application and made my bed but that was it - no stickiness and it was nice and dry.

Sample Swatch of Palmer's Gradual Tanning Moisturiser
Palmer's are famous for their Cocoa Butter Formula. Therefore the product obviously smells of cocoa butter and it stays with you all day! The smell isn't too much but reminds you what you've got on and smells quite nice throughout the day.
I took a photo of my skin before application and another 2 days after and you can see the results! I am slightly wary though about applying more than 3 applications a week as I stared to go orange and it looked very fake!



Before

2 Applications After
The only thing that disappointed me was the look of my skin, especially my knuckles and elbows. After a couple of applications as they became a little orange even though I hadn't used it on them. Also, after showering and drying off, the tan seemed to strip from my skin which made it looked patchy and streaky. What was a major turn off for me though was the transfer of the lotion onto my clothes. I always make sure my gradual tan lotions are 100% dry before getting dressed and therefore I was really disappointed when I took my white work shirt off and found orange stains all over it on the inside :(

 
RATING
Price; 4 STARS For a moisturiser and a gradual tan lotion the price is reasonable. Also, at certain times of the year, gradual self tan lotions are on promotion and you can try find yourself a bargain.

Promises; 3 STARS The lotion did build a gradual tan. although to me it didn't look natural. I looked orange and after showering it looked streaky and patchy. The smell was nice though and I did feel moisturised.

Ease of Application; 5 STARS The lotion rubbed in really easily! I used the lotion directly onto my self tan Mitt and also directly onto skin and both ways worked well. It didn't leave me feeling sticky or greasy.

Would I Recommend to a Friend?; MAYBE I think it depends what you're looking for in a gradual self tan. I found this product left me very orange, streaky and slightly disappointed compared to other gradual self tan lotions I've used, but I've heard great things about Palmer's and therefore I think it works for different people and your skin type too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...