Wednesday 1 April 2015

No7 Match Made Lipstick Service | No7 Series |

I was never a wearer of lipstick and I still don't wear lipstick all of the time, only on special occasions. I was first introduced to lipsticks when I went for a makeup consultation at boots No7 counter and I was opened up to a whole new world.


No7 have launched a Match Made Lipstick Service, a similar concept to their Match Made Foundation service - but with lipsticks! It's very simple, once you've been matched to your specific foundation with No7's Match Made Foundation Service, you can discover all the lipstick colours matched to your skin tone.

No7 provide swatch cards with your Match Made Skin-True shade, accompanied with the various lipstick shades for your skin tone. No7 lipsticks come in two different finishes which are shown on the front and back of the swatch card; Moisture Drench which keeps your lips smooth and soft with a moisturising formulation and Stay Perfect which lasts up to 6 hours.

I have previously bought Ginger Rose and loved it and that's why it looks slightly used - naughty me. When No7 had a 3 for 2 event over a couple of weeks, I couldn't resist by taking advantage and stocking up on bits ready for my holiday and that's when I thought I'd treat myself to a new lipstick; Soft Tulip.

No7 Moisture Drench Lipsticks - Left to Right: Ginger Rose and Soft Tulip - £9.95 


All No7 lipsticks are hypo allergenic, just like their makeup which is great for those with sensitive skin like myself. The lipsticks also have an SPF 15 which is good news for summer and general upkeep of your lips during sunshine hours. Both of the lipsticks featured are from the Moisture Drench range and as I suffer with dry lips - these are great for me and whilst wearing them I had no issues - except for needing to re-apply every few hours.

Ginger Rose looks slightly brown with a touch of red on the swatch card - and I find on my lips that's exactly what it is. The pigment is really good and you can tell when I have it on!

Soft Tulip has a slightly more intense colour with a bit more red/pink.  Again, the pigmentation is really intense and definitely makes a statement with any look.

Even though I am a lover of the colour pink, I know the colour does not suit my skin tone and therefore my love for these lipstick shades grows even more as I know they look great with my match made true skin shade; Warm Ivory.

I can't wait to treat myself to more shades!
RATING:
Price: 4 STARS £9.95 is pretty reasonable for a lipstick. especially when you look at other brands, plus I got it for nothing really when you take into account the 3 for 2 as the lipstick was the cheapest item.

Promises: 4 STARS The lipsticks do feel hydrating on the lips but I find I have to reapply after a couple of hours.

Ease of Use: 4 STARS The lipsticks are really easy to apply but I do find you have to re-apply after a few hours, but this might be normal?

Would I Recommend to a Friend?:YES These lipsticks are great. I love the fact you can find a shade that matches and compliments your skin tone with a variety of colours and two different types.
post signature
LINKEDIN TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to know what you thought about my posts! If you want to ask any questions directly, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter; @KirstyWorstyy or direct email and I will get back to you ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...